Saturday, October 11, 2008

Not Above Sin

As Christians we have to know that we are not above any sin. If we believe that we are not capable of committing a specific sin than pride has crept into our heart deceivingly.
As a believer who was once emerged in the world I understand this concept, however with my heart am capable of falling into a dangerous spot where I can judge others to think..."How could he/she do that as a Christian?" It scares me sometimes to think, when listening to Christians struggles and lifestyles, "how could they let themselves get to this point?" Oh Lord, protect me, and keep my dependence on You. I am capable of so much sin...however, He has saved from from that and given me everything I need to walk in a path of Righteousness. We must remember that He was crucified and rose from the dead so that we may live the life of Christ. We will stumble. However, we must be so quick to seek forgiveness. Not only that, but to repent! It is not enough, (and I preach this to myself as well), to ask for Him forgiveness, and go on living life as if it won't happen again...but we must repent. Turn away from our sin, lifestyle, and selfish mindset and make a commitment to follow Him. And then not only that but we must know that all strength to do so must come from Him, who is Holy. We can do no good from within. We must have a dependence upon Him. Oh Lord, Father! Make me depend upon you. I welcome trials into my life if that is what will cause me to have ultimate dependence on You.

1 comment:

joey said...

seriously!... no but seriously!