Monday, April 13, 2009

Wisdom Teeth


So, this morning I take my husband to get his last two wisdom teeth removed. (By the way, Wikipedia says: "They are called wisdom teeth because usually they come in when a person is between age 16 and 25 or older—old enough to have supposedly gained some wisdom.") I remember when I got the four of mine out, and I had butterflies in my tummy going into it. He didn't seem nervous going into it...but he definitely wasn't excited about it...I asked him, "Are you excited?" His response, "Uh no...?" (kinda like...what kind of question is that?)

Well, as I waited in the lobby for everything to be finished, I listened to music and rummaged through magazines in hopes of getting some inspiration for a new look (haircut). Then a lady came to the lobby came to get my to come back and gave me instruction, "Try to keep him awake." Easy....or so I thought.

So, I get back there and as I come to sit down by Mike, I'm greeted my him slowly turning his head towards me with unfocused open eyes that nearly made fall out of the rolly chair. One needs to be warned before coming to see your loved one half-there. He had me so concerned as I tried to keep him awake, which was an almost impossible task. Each time he shut his eyes I would say, "Mike WAKE UP!" even if it was a blink. He was talking to me, I'm not quite sure I was understanding everything he was saying, but at one point he was singing to me. I listened as he sang along with the music that was playing in the office....then I noticed it wasn't the same song that was playing?...I actually have no idea what he was singing, but I loved it. The car ride to the pharmacy and the to work...(yes, he went to work!) were also quite entertaining. I was soooo tempted to take video of it all...but I didn't.

I love my husband and I can't wait to get home from being at work to spend time with him and take care of him.

What an interesting way to start out our week!

No comments: