Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn Equinox


Just so you know...



The spring and autumn equinoxes, for starters, are the only two times during the year when the sun rises due east and sets due west, according to Alan MacRobert, a senior editor with Sky & Telescope magazine.
The equinoxes are also the only days of the year when a person standing on the Equator can see the sun passing directly overhead.
...interesting.
Anyway, as I was thinking how hot it here in Southern California, especially for this time of year is crazy...I am so thankful for air conditioning. I am also thinking of how much prettier it is in Ohio right now. The picture above will give you an idea of what all of the trees start looking like. Not here in SoCal, there are no autumn colors here. So, I will get my fix of fall colors by searching "Autumn Trees" in Google Images.

No comments: