Saturday, December 5, 2009

'Tis the Season



So, it's that time officially. It's getting to look, sound and feel a lot like Christmas. The Christmas music playing in malls and store, the smell of pine, and ginger bread cookies and spiced candles burning in homes, and last and certainly least...it's getting colder outside. Ho-hum. Well, I have to say I'm pretty thankful it's not as cold as the mid-west. I really do not know how I survived 20 years out there...yikes. Anyway, let's refocus...ah, yes...the sounds of Christmas...

So, this year I decided to give a whirl at listening to some Christmas music. Never really was a favorite of mine, even the last three years of my life being a Christian. Well, let me tell you...was I missing out. As I listen to the rich words...TRUTH...of these songs, it has filled me with hope, joy and has brought me to worship. I guess I never really listened to the beautiful lyrics of these songs. Songs that I use to sing being an unbeliever...performing these songs at Catholic mass. It struck me that I was singing TRUTH, but did not know Him. Then I thought...I have sung these songs as a believer, and have not really fully focused on all of the words. Unbelievable! I thought about the church, all believers, who will be singing these words during this season, with a distracted and unfocused heart. I prayed and will continue to pray that these songs of praise will be worship to Him who has given us grace and mercy. I thought of all the unbelievers who will be singing these songs during the season, who do not have a personal relationship with the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I prayed, and also will continue to pray that if even one, be transformed by the words and bow down and worship the Lord this season.

That is what is on my heart. That we will be sweet sounds of worship acceptable to Him, and that many will repent and submit to the will of God and give Him glory. I hope that this will also be on your heart.




"Highest, most holy,
Light of light eternal,
Born of a virgin,
A mortal He comes;
Son of the Father
Now in flesh appearing!
Oh, come, let us adore him,
Oh, come, let us adore him,
Oh, come, let us adore him,
Christ the Lord."

No comments: