Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fabric Wall Art

First project: Decorating the Dining Room


So I decided that I wanted to do fabric panels and a piece in the middle of some sort.
My color scheme is black, white and blue, and my theme is birds on a wire.


Small wall #1: I bought the prints below from Target, and the birds on a wire paperclips from Urban Outfitters:

I did a makeshift, family name "sign"/plate myself when I was bored one day using a blue and black sharpie (It was for fun -- not for perfection...):

Then for my main wall.  I bought a pack of 5 covered canvas frames from Michaels, and I bought black and white fabric from Jo-Ann Fabrics:

All I needed to do was cover the canvas and staple gun it into place, wrapping the corners as you would a present.  Then I added saw tooth hangers so I could hand the panels easily.

I happened to find this at a local Target, that I had searched online for, and it was out of stock!  But I found the last one to exist! Haha.
I didn't want the silver to be up against the white walls we have at our home. So I took a black frame, that I bought at Michael's, and stapled blue fabric to the back.  I hung the frame and then nailed the birds to the wall.

And here's the final wall:

Next project to come soon...

1 comment:

Chiara said...

Super cute! You have a decorating gift--I love to find frugal ideas that look great!