Saturday, May 12, 2012

Spring Tea


So, each year our church, Compass Bible Church has a women's spring tea event.  This year was my first, and I decided to host a table also!  This year's tea was Model Mom.  Every table has a theme that the hostess comes up with and their table is decorated accordingly.  I chose nautical, if you could not tell from the image above.  I also wanted my centerpiece to be an anchor (Hebrews 6:19).
To go along with the anchor scripture, I made these necklaces as the favors.  It was quite fun to make, and I hope to make some more necklaces in the future!


The event was awesome, and I loved the ladies I met, and the wonderful ladies that sat at my table.  I loved the message from Carlynn Fabarez, Pastor Mike's wife.  She told the story of Susanna Wesley.  If you do not know about Susanna, I highly suggest you read about her, or listen to the message when it is posted.  This lady is quite the model mom, and has encouraged me so much today.


Here was a great prayer she wrote in the midst of all her trials:  Help me, O Lord, to make a true use of all disappointments and calamities in this life, in such a way that they may unite my heart more closely with you. Cause them to separate my affections from worldly things and inspire my soul with more vigor in the pursuit of true happiness.

I cannot wait until next year's tea!  Actually, I cannot wait until I'm around fellow believer's in Christ (Yay, tomorrow!).  There is so much encouragement and joy that comes from being a part of the body of Christ.  I thank God for sending His Son, Jesus Christ, who suffered died and rose again so that not only do I get to enjoy eternity with Him, I have joy in this lifetime no matter what the circumstance.

No comments: