Monday, January 21, 2013

Dumpster Diving



While I was taking a stroll with Miles around our complex I spotted a cheap desk by the dumpster that someone thew out, and I thought, "Hey I could do something with that!"  Yes, I really do think these things when I walk by the dumpster and see things setting outside of it.  (Ok, I admit.  I don't "dive" into the dumpster. I only check out the things sitting out beside the dumpster.)  So, after we finished our walk, I grabbed my screwdriver and headed out to disassemble this thing.  These are the pieces I salvaged from the desk, and honestly, I have high hopes for them!  I'll show you what I have in store for them (Spoiler alert: they are all Pinterest ideas!).

For the 3 panels (Mike and I for the longer one & Miles and Trenton for the other two):


And for the largest piece of wood:


I'm always on the search for free projects! I'll post a followup once I actually get around to doing these projects.

No comments: