Saturday, July 27, 2013

Update on Miles



I wanted to give a little update on Miles.  He needs some attention on here since some cute baby ::cough::Trenton::cough:: has been hoggin' up my blog.  There's a lot, so I'll break it down for you:

Speech
My little man has had 4 weeks of speech therapy so far, and I believe it has really helped him.  He really loves the place.  He has a friend there that has his session at the same time with another therapist, so he gets to hang out run around in circles giggling with him for a couple minutes before they go in.  I'm sure both of their therapist appreciate how wound up they are. He goes in for a half hour, two times a week and does all kind of fun activities to help him understand, talk and follow directions.  Some of his favorite words, that are consistent, are: hat, hair, socks, shoe, hi, bye, apple, car, want and a few others.  He "says" "thank you" in ASL and also attempts to say it, but it kinda comes out like: "foot too"...we're working on that one. He's showing much more interest in trying to repeat words and attempting.  He just started with sounds as well.  Yesterday I heard him go, "VVVvvvv" while moving a car, and "choo-choo" when holding a train.  The therapist said she had been working with him on that, and I get to see it pay-off. I bought him a Mr. Potato head a couple weeks ago since he is familiar with that during his sessions, and he's getting better at pointing out the right parts and attempting to say them.  Whew!  That's a lot.  It really is though...he's come so far in just this past month and it's such a joy to hear him using his words.  We have a long way to go still, but I'm just enjoying these moments.

Being an Older Brother
Oh, we have come a long way with this category. The boy who once (I use that term loosely) bopped Trenton on the head, now loves on his baby brother. Miles has really taken an interest to him.  There have been many times of finding him just laying by him chillin'.  He loves hugging and kissing him too.  He tries to put his baseball hat on him, even though the hat covers his whole head and I remind him not to cover the babies face, it's pretty sweet to see Miles caring for his brother. Below is a short little clip of how I often find them.


Current Obsessions
He loves the following -- just to name a few: wearing baseball hats (Detroit Tigers - of course), wearing daddy's shoes, wearing his shoes, the theme song to ANY tv show, coloring, movies/shows about the ocean and it's creatures, numbers, letters and trucks/cars.  I personally can't wait to have him see the new Pixar Planes movie that will come out later and have him like airplanes too -- you know, boy stuff.

Well, that's all I can't think of right now.  I'm sure there are other things that I'll think of later and go, "Oh duh."  I'll try and keep up-to-date on the big things.






No comments: