Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Golden One

It's finally here!  The day I've been waiting for since I was a little girl 25. When I found out at 20, no one took me seriously (duh), I looked forward to 25 (because, hey, if you are allowed to rent a car...you must be an adult). When 25, rolled around and I still felt like a "kid", I then looked forward to my 30th. My 30th birthday also happens to be my Golden Birthday (the birthday when you turn the same age as your birthdate)...so that makes it even more special.  I look forward to spending the evening with my church family at Thrive around some of my closest friends.

And since I'm sure I'll always be considered a youngin' to some or an oldie to others...

Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, 
in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. 
[1 Timothy 4:12]

Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. 
[Titus 2:3-5]


1 comment:

joey said...

I want to taste that golden frosting.