Thursday, January 1, 2015

Ring in the New Year

We celebrate our NYE with our church family at Compass...this year was a blast!  The theme this year was Star Wars and my husband is part of creating and putting together the entertainment for the evening. See below the video this year. (You can also click here to see last year's video.)




Just like everyone else, I'm excited for 2015 and what's to come.  I'm thrilled to set all sorts of goals that will end in breaking, meeting and even exceeding some. One I know I'm excited to do again, and to do well this year is the Daily Bible Reading (aka DBR). Each year, as a church, we read through the whole Bible in a year. It's a great plan, and even though we can all come up with an excuse "I didn't have time," it really won't work with me - not this time...it's 10 minutes out of 24 hours to set aside. Really, there is no excuse.

We are also very excited to welcome Wesley into our home.  I do have a couple of wishes for his arrival though. First, I'd like for him to stay put until at least Jan. 24 (full-term). Second, I'd like for him not to come on Jan. 30 (that is my brother's and my birthday, oh and my cousins as well...it's booked). Lastly, I'd prefer he not make an entrance on Feb. 14 (because that's reserved for Mike and I, and I'd like for that "Hallmark holiday" not to be overlooked). But those are just wishes, and I'm thrilled to meet little man whenever he decides to come.

So 2015...Let's do this! 
Happy New Year!

No comments: